AMMENDED/APPROVED APRIL 21, 2005
The Almaguin Highlands Strategic Plan Implementation Committee (hereafter referred to as AHSPIC) was organized following the completion of the Almaguin Highlands Strategic Plan in June 2002. Lawlor & Associates Consultants Inc. of North Bay developed this plan as a result of a Request for Proposals issued by the Corporation of the Village of South River for the Almaguin Highlands Community Adjustment Committee (AHCAC). It was funded by a grant from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
The intent of this comprehensive strategy project was to provide an increased knowledge of the Almaguin Highlands region for the promotion of continuing prosperity of the overall area.
The vision of the Almaguin Highlands Strategic Plan Implementation Committee (AHSPIC) is to enhance the quality of life for its citizens and visitors.
By maximizing human, technical and technological resources, the communities of the Almaguin Highlands will utilize their diversified natural amenities to offer high quality of life experiences to all citizens and visitors through strong and sustainable economic, social and environmental programs.
· The communities of the Almaguin Highlands are working together to achieve success in generating jobs and economic development by capitalizing upon social, economic and environmental resources
· Provide a forum for economic development organizations in the region.
· Foster opportunities for growth in the region.
· Encourage projects/proposals that bring economic benefits.
· Communicate the group’s activities to the public.
· Establish an action plan.
· Promote awareness of the Almaguin Highlands region.
· Promote awareness of AHSPIC.
· Achieve region wide participation
· Periodic review and updating of plan.
· Identify specific champions to accomplish our goals.
Operating under the authority and with the co-operation of the Village of South River committee members:
· Attend meetings as called by the Chair.
· Present individual point of view.
· Present summary of corporate initiatives, accomplishments and perspectives.
· Contribute to decision making.
· Assist in obtaining additional funding sources.
· Promote committee & its goals/achievements.
· Constant sharing of information among members.
· May be established as needed to perform tasks/projects.
· Fills the role of primary spokesperson for AHSPIC.
· Plans and facilitates meetings.
· Develops meeting plans and agendas.
· Administrative support provided by Village of South River.
The committee shall consist of a broad representation including:
· Economic development agencies.
· Any other interested parties.
Resource people from Federal Ministries, Provincial Ministries and others are invited to attend and participate.
All decision-making shall be by consensus of those present.
Monthly meetings will be held on the 3rd Thursday of each month (unless otherwise advised).
Time: 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 a.m.
Location: Primarily at the South River Arena (unless otherwise advised).